Auslan version of page: https://youtu.be/M7tWrRbNavk
Under a new federal government scheme there is now free sign language interpreting available to Australians who are Deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing and over 65.
This interpreting service is to support participation in social and essential activities, such as:
- Weddings, funerals and family reunions
- Theatre and events
- Seniors activities, clubs or groups
- Banking, superannuation and budgeting
- Private hospital appointments
- Downsizing, selling or moving home
- Online activities and meetings
- Talking to your internet and phone provider
For Service Providers
This new service will support Australian seniors to better engage with:
- Aged Care System Navigators
- My Aged Care
- Regional Assessment Services
- Aged Care Assessment Teams
- Home Care Package Providers
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) Providers
- Residential Aged Care service providers
- Other organisations delivering Australian Government funded aged care services
Face-to-face and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services are available 7 days a week (after-hours when required) across all states and territories in Australia.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click below to watch our video resources which aim to answer the most common questions you may have about the free interpreting service.
TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE
For more information, or to access the service, please contact Auslan Connections using your preferred communication style. Our staff will be in touch to help you through the process.
This service can be booked on behalf of a Deaf person – just let our staff know the details of the booking.
The booking office is open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
National phone: 1300 010 877
QLD, NSW, ACT & NT
SMS: 0476 857 251
VIC, SA, WA & TAS
SMS: 0438 723 342
*Auslan Connections may need to call you back when a staff member who uses Auslan is available.